Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Elvis Sandwich

"Feast" your eyes on this beauty. (Get it? "Feast?" I'm sure you see what I did there)

So I'm looking up ways to combine peanut butter and bacon (don't ask), and I find that this exists: The peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwich. It sounds revolting, but it was apparently a favorite of The King himself.

Naturally, I have to try it.

A few minutes later, and BAM: I make this. I'd go over preparation steps, but it seems pretty obvious. Prepare toast. Apply peanut butter. Slice banana. Add bacon. Serves one. Jumpsuit optional.

Admit it: You want this.

The verdict: Surprisingly tasty. The flavors blend together in an unexpected, but pleasant way. (I know... I'm surprised too.) There's also a lot of textures going on too. The peanut butter is smooth, the banana is soft, and the bacon and toast add just the right amount of crunchiness. All and all, pretty good. Elvis may have had a questionable fashion sense, but his taste buds were on to something.

2 comments:

  1. THE BLOG LIVES! w00t!

    Hmm... I know Elvis loved PB&Banana sandwiches, but I never knew he put bacon on them. Of course, bacon makes everything better, so I think the King, wherever he is, approves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, that does seem really disgusting at first glance. But who knows, perhaps it is delicious. Maybe I'll try it someday.

    ReplyDelete