Saturday, August 7, 2010

Good And Bad

Good: Taking Pictures With Your Phone. Although I'm really bad at cell phones, I can usually find my way around a phone's camera feature. As such, I was able to use my camera phone to forever immortalize the image of a man in a pretzel suit. Awesome, to say the least.

Bad: Getting Pictures Off Your Phone. My ability with cell phones ends at taking a picture. However, being the computer geek I am, I notice my phone has a USB port, and thus assume I can just transfer the pictures to my PC via USB. I plug my phone in, Windows downloads drivers, and all is good. Except it isn't: Windows installed the phone as a modem, not as a storage device. After hours on Google (my phone's manual is pretty rubbish), I discover that I need a separate program to move multimedia on and off my phone. The program, however, is so old that it only works with 32 bit operating systems. Never before have I wanted to punch a telecommunications company in the face.

Verdict: I Got To Blog About A Man In A Pretzel Suit. Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment