Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Tangental Manifesto

A bit about me. I used to have a blog. I got busy, so it sort of died. I'm not as busy now, and I hate admitting that I've given up, so I'm going to give blogging another try. This time I shall (try to) be more dedicated. We'll see how it goes.

A bit more about me. I like bow ties, theoretical physics, British science fiction, classic (and not-so-classic) literature, and all sorts of other things. I'm the type of guy who builds a Rube Goldberg machine, and then argues about Hamlet while it runs. The type who raps about The Great Gatsby and makes wallets, purses, and suits out of duct tape. The type who thinks way too much about basically everything.

Suffice to say, I'm not normal. But then again, who is?

So what is the point of this blog? That's a valid question. I'm not totally sure yet. Mostly, I think its going to be a place for my weirder thoughts (and believe me, they get weird.) It'll be an expression of my own eccentricities, a reflection of the strange things I think and do. What those strange things will be is yet to be determined. I might write about the nature of time, space, and the human mind; I also might write about the nature of bananas, curling, or rubber band balls. Essentially, this blog is a soup, but I'm not sure what's in the pot just yet.

The blog is still cooking. Let's hope it'll be delicious.

10 comments:

  1. Nice! Good to see you getting back into Blogging.

    Only critique is your template. It's a little... too... bright...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems promising. Also I'm with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the template. but it's hard to read the words.
    also yay for blogging. i started one last month. it hasn't gotten very far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better! Though I liked the blue one you were rockin' earlier...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll read your blog for sure tim!! looks like it could be very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The metaphor amuses me. Forge on bravely, Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feeling dizzy from the pictureMay 14, 2010 at 3:45 PM

    w00t! Smells like a tangent too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did Claudius ACTUALLY kill King Hamlet?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He totally did. Let's not be ridiculous. :-)

    ReplyDelete